Tuesday

How to wear boyfriend jeans...


I’ve loved the look of boyfriend jeans for a while now and a couple of weeks ago I found the perfect pair online. I am really keen to buy them but I worry that I am only 165 cm – am I too short to wear this style?

Boyfriend jeans can be a really flattering (and comfy!) style - you just have to know how to wear them. Boyfriend jeans are meant to be worn loose and low on the hip and should be cuffed / rolled just above the ankle.

To give shorter legs a bit of length wear your jeans with platform wedges or booties and a fitted top. Also try a boat neck, stripe 3 / 4 sleeve bodysuit or a plain white singlet to balance out the wider cut of the jeans. If wedges or heels are impractical for you (or you just loathe them), you can definitely wear flats but consider teaming your jeans with a slim, long line cardigan to give your silhouette a little length.

If you are vertically blessed, you can get away with a lot more. An oversized crisp white button down cinched in at the waist, worn with a cute pair of ballet flats is a great option for autumn.

4 comments:

  1. I love this look and have been searching for a pair for a couple of weeks now... Who does these well?? I've seen some in Witchery with an elastic waste band which I like (style + comfort!) but I'm worried they'll limit me to wearing only long, baggy tops that conceal this. thoughts???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just made my bf jean purchase!! but dont like tight tops.. how can i wear with a loose top and not look like i'm swimming in my clothes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate - do the jeans have belt loops? If so, and if you feel conscious of the elastic I would team them with a great belt. www.shopbop.com has some fantastic ones at the moment. Tuck in a cute white singlet and I think you'd be good to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bec - have you thought about a sheer blouse. A sheer blouse over a singlet, cami or bodice will still define your shape but give you the voluminous look you like. I'm thinking a Lisa Ho gorgette blouse or a Kain basic for a more casual look.

    ReplyDelete