Wednesday

Brisbane Styling Workshops - 5 & 6 June 2010


I've posted a couple of times about my involvement in The High Tea Party. But until now I haven't let you in on exactly what I will be doing at the event.

Over the two day event, held at the Stamford Plaza, I'll be presenting a number of styling workshops. These workshops will focus on creating a versatile and individual Spring Capsule Wardrobe.

...

Okay I've typed and deleted a couple of times now trying to find the right words to express the importance of a capsule wardrobe. I can't find them so I'm going to try a different angle...

Let's start with 'What is a Capsule Wardrobe?'

A 'capsule wardrobe' is a thought-out and planned collection of clothes where all items easily work together and are versatile for a number of occasions. It is not a cookie-cutter, stock standard, set number of basics. A capsule is made up of your 'signature pieces' worn to suit your lifestyle. It is best built by investing in high-end, quality items.

I'll follow on from here with a series of posts to explain the importance of a capsule wardrobe and why you shouldn't run your wardrobe any other way.

1 comment:

  1. do me.. do me! I buy things because i love them as individual peices but often dont have anything to wear them with.. i need to put a little more thought into my purchases! This Capsule Wardrobe concept sounds like it could be the answer..

    ReplyDelete